Food

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cake, cake, and more cake.

Bill suggested that I post my latest adventures here as they are food related. I have taken to making birthday cakes. It all started because I knew Val liked Elmo, and I saw this Elmo cake pan in a catalog. I thought to myself, "How hard could it be?" Liz liked the idea, so I ran with it. Here is the cake as it started out (actually it started as flour, sugar, milk, etc., but I won't split hairs): Here is how it looked after decorating, and here is how it looked after Val got to it.However, before Val's birthday came the girls birthday, and I also happened to find some Curious George decorations online, so I decided to make their cakes. It was very challenging as we were having record breaking heat, and the butter cream kept melting, so I had to alternate putting it in the fridge with using ice packs while I piped (my hands were too hot.) I think they came out great though. Especially since I have never taken a single cake decorating class in my life.

The final cake was for Val's actual birthday. I couldn't leave her with leftover cake for her first birthday, so there was nothing to do but make her another cake.Sam was very funny about it. She said, "Val has two cakes. Why?" I explained to her that the first one was for the day of Val's party and the second for her actual birthday, to which Sam replied, "Ohhhhhhh."

My next cake will be for Bill's birthday. Stay tuned for new pics.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home