Food

www.flickr.com

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Picnic in the park

At least it felt like a picnic in the park. Of recent I've worked some 8 hour shifts, so I really only need a snack, not a full dinner. Bill, as usual, tries to come up with something that's just right for the occasion. Tonight he hit the nail on the head.

My snack was several semi-circles of dried salami, a wedge of brie cheese, small slices of french bread, and a salad of baby greens, meditarranean olives, dried cranberries, and crumbled cheese. The salad needs no explanation except to say that it was yummy. The rest really took me back to my childhood when we would have picnic lunches like this on the road (with cheddar cheese instead of the brie.) In any case, I melted the brie in the microwave, smeared it on the bread, and enjoyed it with the salami.

This was probably one of my most memorable meals. It ranks right up there with the lobster. ;)

Thanks again honey.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home